Online Safety.. based on general best practice ...
Welcome the LadyBird Computing Security Advice section. The comments and advice offered here may be personal to LadyBird Computing, but are based on general best practice and standard advice from the wider security industry.
The guidance on offer will be built up over time, Security Articles .... Green Book but as a starting point here are a number of Security Articles which are being published on a monthly basis in the Focus Magazines for Over Wyre and Garstang - more commonly known as the Green Book.
- Computer Safety #9 - September 2013 - Shopping and Banking 2
- Computer Safety #8 - August 2013 - Shopping and Banking 1 - outside the home
- Computer Safety #7 - July 2013 - Passwords
- Computer Safety #6 - June 2013 - Spam and Scam Emails
- Computer Safety #5 - May 2013 - Scam Telephone Calls
- Computer Safety #4 - April 2013 - Internet Security Software
- Computer Safety #3 - March 2013 - Software Updates
- Computer Safety #2 - February 2013 - Broadband Router Security
- Computer Safety #1 - January 2013 - Safeguarding your Hardware/Equipment
- Get Safe Online Week - October 2012
Further guidance on individual issues and security 'hop topics' can often be found on the latest News page or in the News Archive.
Keep up to Date
If you want to be kept informed of the latest security advice and alerts etc, why not join the LadyBird Computing mailing list?
You can change your preferences at any time or cancel your request by clicking the links in any of the newsletter emails.
Don't forget you can also follow us on Twitter, and new now on Facebook.